Author: Rebekah Colburn
•Thursday, February 02, 2012


“To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven: … a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance…” Ecclesiastes 3:1 and 4 NKJ

In the last two years I’ve confronted some of my greatest fears and reopened some of my deepest wounds. I’ve fought battles with dark memories and dared to trust and love again. I’ve accepted first a diamond ring, and then a new last name. It’s been a roller coaster journey rich with personal and spiritual growth.

For years I held onto Isaiah 30: 18, “The Lord longs to be gracious to you… blessed are all who wait for him.” But there were days when I wondered. The years of “alone” after my divorce were growing into a number that spanned more than half a decade. As I wrestled with accepting God’s will for my life and choosing to be content, God was changing me.

After the divorce, I was too stressed and angry to be interested in men. Then, in the years of healing that followed, I prayed for God to shield me from anyone who might distract me from his work in my life. But when I felt ready, it became difficult to wait.

Yet I didn’t want to be impatient and forfeit God’s blessing. I kept returning to the promise of Isaiah: “Blessed are all who wait for him.”

God’s timing was perfect. Ben and I met at just the right time in both our lives. And now we continue our journey together, confident that God orchestrated our paths. At long last, I have found my soul mate and feel truly blessed. Some things are worth waiting for.
























































|
This entry was posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: