Author: Rebekah Colburn
•Friday, February 26, 2010
"Early on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance... Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher). ...Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: "I have seen the Lord!" And she told them that he had said these things to her." John 20:1, 16, and 18 NLT

Are you familiar with the hymn In the Garden? It's such a precious story of the kind of relationship we can have with the Lord. I love these beautiful words:

"And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known."

God is not a remote Creative Force nor is he a Great Judge in the sky. Yes, he is the Creator of the Universe, and he is a righteous God who will mete out judgment. But there is so much more to him! At Christmas and Easter, we marvel at the amazing truth of God becoming flesh and living among us and the tremendous sacrifice of his death to be our atonement.

But do we walk with him every day as we go about our busy lives? Are we aware of his presence as we come and go? Do we hear his voice whispering those healing words, "You are my own?" Do we experience the joy that comes from this intimate relationship with our Lord?

Sometimes I imagine God as a beloved father walking beside me through life. When I am afraid, he holds my hand. When I need guidance, he puts an arm around my shoulders and gently steers me in the right direction. God doesn't live in the church to be visited on Sunday morning. Invite him to walk with you.
|
This entry was posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: