Author: Rebekah Colburn
•Monday, November 16, 2009
“I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled… Lord, please! Send anyone else.” Exodus 4: 10b and 13 NLT

Why would anyone choose to stay in a small life when the opportunity for a big destiny exists? I’ll tell you in one word: Fear. Fear of being unworthy, fear of inadequacy, and fear of failure… What if I try and I just mess up? Everyone will notice and I’ll be so humiliated.

There are those who do everything they can to be the center of attention. But then there are others who avoid the limelight because they feel insignificant and incapable. Although these two approaches may seem polar opposite, they actually have something in common: the focus is on self.

Moses tried to tell God again in Exodus 6:12, “My own people won’t listen to me anymore. How can I expect Pharaoh to listen? I’m such a clumsy speaker!” But God had chosen Moses to be his spokesperson and would empower him to fulfill this task. God didn’t ask Moses to be a great orator, he asked him to be obedient.

As I struggle with this attitude, God has convicted me that my focus should be on serving him and bringing honor and glory to his name—not worrying about potential embarrassment. I’m sure I won’t do everything perfectly, but God is asking for obedience, not perfection. In II Corinthians 12:9 the Lord instructs Paul: “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” Despite my many failings, God can still use me to advance his kingdom if I live in obedience to him.
|
This entry was posted on Monday, November 16, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: