Author: Rebekah Colburn
•Friday, March 09, 2012
“In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.” Psalm 5:3 NIV

There are days when my faith is solid, rock-steady, and powerful enough to move mountains. I can remember with ease the times God has provided and blessed. Other days, my brain says that God will provide but I can’t bring my wayward emotions into line.

I wake up in the morning and lay my requests before him. But the uneasiness isn’t replaced with peace. I feel discontentment and longing. Just recently God answered my prayers in a mighty way and I was awed by his goodness. Why do I now feel the shadow of doubt creeping into my thoughts?

In John 15:7 Jesus says, “If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you.” When we are aligned with Jesus, we won’t ask for anything outside of God’s will. He’s not a genie in a lamp waiting to grant three wishes. He wants us to know his character and grow in our faith.

So I am sifting my words as I pray, aligning my requests with his will. And I have confidence that he will provide in his own way and time… just make me wait longer than I’d like, and in a way that is outside of my small comfort zone.

Perhaps those very needs that weigh on my mind are blessings in disguise. They keep me coming back every morning to lay my requests before God. Every need is an opportunity for him to grow my faith.
|
This entry was posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: