Author: Rebekah Colburn
•Friday, September 24, 2010
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 NIV

Sometimes the future looms in front of me with ominous gray shadows that fill me with fear. There are so many problems lurking out there in the great unknown, some in the more immediate future and others lingering in the distance. All of them remain unsolved mysteries: how will they be resolved? My mind races but finds no solutions. What am I going to do?

Of course I've prayed about it. But I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel a tight knot of anxiety in the pit of the stomach even after a sincere prayer. I know that God already has a solution in mind, and I know that he will lead me to it at the right time--but waiting patiently for it is the difficult part.

Jesus said he would give us his peace. Not the kind of peace the world offers. Why is it that I keep looking for that kind of peace--the kind that comes from financial security and a five-year plan? The peace Jesus offers isn't dependent on my situation or shaken by the unknown. If I only claimed his peace, I wouldn't feel troubled or afraid.

Why then do I allow myself to feel so anxious and frightened? Why do I lay awake at night worrying when I know that my life rests safely in the palm of the Master's hand? I have access to a peace that defies all the odds. I just need to claim it.
|
This entry was posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: