Author: Rebekah Colburn
•Saturday, July 10, 2010
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord, 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.'" Jeremiah 29:11-13 NLT

During a difficult time of loss in my life, someone sent me a card with verse 11 written in it. "For I know the plans I have for you; they are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." This promise sustained me through the time of healing.

But one day I was reading Jeremiah and realized that there was a second part of the promise that had already been fulfilled in my life. The future and hope that God has promised isn't always in terms of tangible outcomes, but in the context of searching for and find him. What greater hope is there than to intimitely know the God of the universe? What better future is there than to live in a relationship of communion with him?

One thing I know: life will always be hard. There's always another crisis, another trial, another loss looming in the days ahead. It's unavoidable. The hope and the future that we can claim is one that cannot be shaken by the difficulties we face. It is rooted in our relationship with the one who stood in the midst of the storm and ordered, "Peace, be still!"

Our hope shouldn't be dependent on calm and tranquil waters, but on the inner peace we can claim when we look for God wholeheartedly and find him.
|
This entry was posted on Saturday, July 10, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: